Saturday, February 18, 2006

Last days

Well, the sauna and snow was a weird experience... it felt like being stabbed by several billion knives on the skin.

Yesterday, we went for a small shopping trip then had lunch with more of Dave's relatives, and then went cross-country skiing with them. I got used to the cross-country skiing surprisingly quickly, and was going fast before no time. Of course, this meant I was sweating a lot under my 5 layers of clothing, half of which I soon shed. It was fun, and I definitely want to do it again.

We caught the train back to Helsinki later that evening, and got back at around 11 pm. We packed a bit then checked out the intriguing Helsinki night life. Drunks on the train, age limits ranging from 20 to 25, bars made of ice, guys dancing by themselves in a unique way, drunks being kicked out of pubs, kicked out drunks lying in the street screaming things... the city had it all. It was great. Unfortunately, we didn't really have much time out and headed back home at around 3 am.

Today, we are heading back home. It should be a fun 27 or so hours in transit (almost 24 of which will be flying)... look out for a post-Europe update when I get back to Australia at around Monday afternoon. It's been a great experience, so I've got a lot to say.

'Til then... off to Oz!

No comments: