Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Saturday night fever

Thorpie says they're fully sick

I woke up on Saturday morning feeling a bit on the ill side. Looking back at it, it was probably a combination of the walk up St. Peter's and the lack of heating in the room we were in. The cigarette smoke at Roma Termini station didn't help either. We arrived at Bologna and were promptly greeted by Alex and Sara. They helped us with taking our luggage over to Alex's place and did a bit of catching up. Sara went home and Alex cooked us some bolognese (a.k.a. "Ragu"). We met up with Sara again for a big dinner at her place, which was fun, though I was still feeling sick at the time.

Closed on Sundays

I woke up on Sunday morning feeling a bit worse for wear but I, stubbornly, soldiered on. Alex showed us some sights of the city, including a couple of cool churches. What I also noticed was that barely anything was open due to it being a Sunday (and Italy is a very Catholic country). I seemed to feel worse and worse as the day progressed, and when we got home I just felt like lying down. I tried to eat dinner, but it just would go down well.

Ferraris are cool

Yesterday we went to the Ferrari gallery in Maranello. It probably cost just as much to actually get there than to get in. The gallery was very cool, and had Ferraris from the past, as well as various parts like the engines and gearboxes. In retrospect, while the gallery was nice, I shouldn't have gone due to my illness. When we got home I was feeling like crap.

Fortunately, when I woke up today I was feeling a lot better than I was yesterday. Still not recovered, but the headache is almost gone, and I coughed up a fair amount of phlegm, which helped the chest. One thing that is still a bit bad was my legs. All I gotta do today is walk over to the train station to reserve some train seats, then probably just rest for the next two days.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hoiii! You really need rest when you're sick. See a doctor if it get worst.

Anonymous said...

Oo nga. Pahinga ka muna. Imagine, 3 weeks ka nang tuloy-tuloy ang activity. Pahinga ka para magaling ka na para sa snowboarding. Malapit na, di ba? I will email you some kwento. Check mo na lang kung may time ka. [From you know who]

Anonymous said...

Mabuhay pouta!

Anonymous said...

For this part of the trip I definitely had the better time, sucks that you were sick man. That dinner at Sara's was great, felt like a real Italian experience, great food, drink and people. I almost exploded I ate so much. Thanks guys!