Saturday, July 29, 2006

Tales from the deep

I was at the parking lot and a stranger asked me for a lift. He says he "only lives 60 minutes away" and I tell him I live really close by. He got in the car anyway. I get this creepy feeling about him. Anyway, I drive home... apparently I live in an apartment block. He tells me to drop him off at the laundry room. I decide to drive off immediately. However, after doing this I am now out of my car and all my clothes apart from my undies are on the floor. I assume this is because I saw a laundry room.

Anyway, I run to my neighbours' house. I instinctively head for the daughter's 3rd floor balcony. Seems I've done that a few times before. After realizing this was probably not such a good idea to do this in my undies (as I've been running around half-naked carrying my clothes in my arms all this time), I go through the front door. Now here's the weird part (yes, you heard me)... the door was about half a metre away from a wall, hanging up in mid-air (not floating, but protruding), to the side of a bunch of stairs, so I had to hang from the stairway railing to step sideways and reach the door.

After somehow managing to open the door and walking through, I find myself in the room with (presumably) my neighbours and one of my (chick) friends with her girlfriend (even though she's not gay). The daughter, who turns out to be a neighbour that I I've seen around but haven't ever talked to, welcomes me in by saying "it's the alliance" then explains to everybody "we have this alliance thing going." The mum tells me to come in and says they "ordered the super mega pizza pack" or something along those lines and that it's too much for them. I tell them that my family was on holidays and asked if I could join them for dinner. Still in my undies, I seem to take it all in quite well and take a seat in front of the couch as they all watch TV.










Damn weird dreams.

3 comments:

Adrian Pua said...

Admittedly it's the first dream I've remembered in such detail in quite some time. Now that you mention it though, I do remember dreaming about a friend sleeptalking and saying weird stuff.

Or was it a dream?

gorman said...

maybe you need to choose something a little less surreal...

From the moment your clothes magically fell off you (there's a phrase you don't hear often enough) I kind of knew it was a dream.

Weird dream though. You sparked the memory of a rather vivid dream I had last night, which I promptly wrote about on self-improvement.

Adrian Pua said...

Well yes, that bit kinda gave it away. I was trying to be as detailed as possible though.