Thursday, May 24, 2007

Road trip update

I guess I should do a quick update on what I've been doing in the past week... not a whole lot! The most exciting thing that's happened has been experiencing the tail end of the ING Bay to Breakers, a race similar to the Sydney City to Surf marathon, in that it's a race from the San Francisco bay to the beach at the end of Golden Gate Park via the streets of San Francisco, and involving some pretty damn wacky costumes.

On the most part, though, I've been planning the finer details of my upcoming road trip around the southwestern states of the USA. Since my previous post, the direction for the trip has been reversed to save a bit of money (cheaper accommodation at certain places on weekdays) and some stops (Yellowstone National Park being the main one) have been removed to make room for other stops that are not too out of the way. Most things (hotel/hostel accommodation, camping reservations, and car rental) have been booked with some things, such as first-come first-serve camping, being left to chance, just to make things a little more interesting.

The Internet connection where I am currently staying is a bit iffy at the moment, so don't be surprised if you don't hear from me until mid-June, because the road trip starts in about a week and a half, and I don't know how often I'll be able to update, if at all, in that period of time.

No comments: