Saturday, June 16, 2007

Farewell to the city by the bay

I always love it when I go to San Francisco. It's a great city, and the fact that I have lots of relatives here often makes it relatively cheap to visit. Tomorrow we leave for Chicago and further adventures.

The amazing expanding backpack

It's not a pleasant surprise when you are packing your backpack and all of a sudden its a lot fatter than you remember it being. I know I bought shirts, new shoes, and some books during my stay here, but I didn't expect it to make my backpack so heavy. I suspect that I may have to jettison a book or two and some unnecessary accessories before long.

It was a good thing that we returned our scooters today, as they would have added way more weight and space than our bags could have handled. The main reason we returned them was that while I was scootering around one day, some screw-on pieces fell off. I don't think it was too dangerous riding without those pieces, but the fact that it happened gave us a good reason to get our money back for them. Liza had also bought a skateboard yesterday, and had some problems trying to figure out how to fit it in her somewhat heavy bag. I suggested using it as a wheel-frame for her duffel bag, killing two birds with one stone.

After an hour or two of packing, it is finally safe to go to sleep and look forward to tomorrow's trip.

San Francisco Bay Area overview

Dates of residence: May 04, 2007 - Jun 16, 2007
Weather: Windy and foggy
Episodes of 'Lost' viewed: 32
Theme song/s: Arcade Fire - Cold Wind

No comments: