Thursday, October 18, 2007

Better be home soon

I go home in eight days. I'm quite excited. Despite having enjoyed my time here in North America, I'll do the cliched thing and say that, after almost eleven months of work and travel, I quite miss home. While I have become accustomed to staying somewhere for less than a month at a time (at least, in the past five months), and living out of a suitcase, I am looking forward to finally being free of the need to think about the next place.

My last day in Tofino got progressively wetter as it went on. It began a bit cloudy, with patches of sunshine, and ended in a spectacular thunderstorm. A whole busload of people with a tour company showed up in the evening, making the quiet hostel busy again. Throughout all this, I ran into Pat, one of Mike's friends from the Banff Centre, with whom I snowboarded with. This made it three people that I had run into at the hostel, four if you count the German girl from the Vancouver hostel that I also ran into later in the day.

I was afraid of waking everybody up this morning when I was to get ready for my departure, but instead it turned out that everybody else woke me up. I was the last to get out of my bed, at around 8am. I ate some Pop Tarts and boiled an egg to take on the trip before heading over to the bus station. The weather was kind enough to clear up a bit while I walked the short distance to the station. That was about it for Tofino. It was a nice little place, and I can see myself making a return some time in the future.

Tofino overview

Days spent: 5
Familiar faces: 4
Fish and chips: $10 (minimum)
Theme song/s: The Strokes - You Only Live Once

My moderately good luck continued when I got back to Vancouver, as the rain stopped just as we pulled into the Greyhound station. Tonight, I'm meant to meet up with a few people at the pub downstairs. It should be good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

See you soon dude!