Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Of course, it doesn't always pan out that way...

Well, just a week after the supposed end to winter conditions (and on the day that the season officially ticked over to spring, no less), the weather decides to pull another one on me, as the summit of Panorama got another dump of snow (about 15cm on Monday night, and more yesterday). I was working yesterday, and, despite it not being a busy day, could not find a way out of work, so I was looking out of the window all day and seeing the snow just puking from the skies. I guess that means that I'm going back up to the summit again after all.

To make things decidedly more interesting, I was (am) meant to go to Lake Louise today for a staff trip. It's $15 I'm thinking about throwing away for another great day of riding at Panorama. I was out bowling last night and told Alex and Shelley that I'd go riding with them today, so I don't exactly want to ditch them to go to Louise for a measly 10cm over the past 2 days, especially when Pano has gotten more snow in the same period of time. That's not to say that they'd pike too, but I'd still feel bad either way.

I still haven't made my final decision. It's 6:30 now, and the bus for Lake Louise leaves at 7:15, so I have about half an hour to choose between Panorama or Lake Louise. I'm kind of leaning towards Panorama.

Speaking of plans going haywire, it seems that even more people are leaving soon. It kind of sucks to see them go, but I guess people have good reasons to stay or to go (as is my case), and I'm gonna farewell everybody else in about 4 weeks anyway, so it's not such a big loss. I'm sure I'll see most of these folks again somewhere in the future.

No comments: