Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Exodus

A considerable chunk of the 2nd and 3rd floor's residents left today. Ben, Leigh, John, Alex, and Shane all drove off for their road trip to various resorts on the way to Whistler (something I would have done if I weren't traveling around in the summer), and Kelly left to go home for a few weeks. So for the next 3 weeks it's going to be eerily quiet around the place. Mind you, it is only 3 weeks left, which in itself is kinda scary. It's really sad to know that our time is almost up, but it's gonna be a damn sweet period right after the season ends, with a week in Whistler, and Coachella almost right after, not to mention one or two gigs in Vancouver before heading to LA.

Ski free

I borrowed Jessalyn's skis for a day last week, and had a lot of fun learning on my own. I actually picked it up pretty quickly. I guess once you know the mechanics of one sport (i.e. skiing or snowboarding) then you can figure out the other easier than somebody who hasn't tried either. Anyway, after a couple of hours I was linking turns comfortably. The only downside was that I could go fast, but I had trouble stopping fast, so I was still very cautious, as there were lots of other people on the hill. Still, it was a great experience, and I can see myself doing more of it as the snow gets softer in the next few weeks.

More photos should be coming soon. I took some great shots when I went up to Taynton Bowl and rode some phenomenal powder last week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

any new pix?