Saturday, September 22, 2007

Filmfest diary 2.01: Cheap, accessible, and friendly

As much as I liked the film festival in Toronto, there was the issue of the high prices and low availability. This is not the case in the Vancouver International Film Festival.

When I arrived at the box office to purchase my tickets, what initially struck me was the lack of people. There was only one person filling out a form for tickets, and another person at the actual box office. There was also a very helpful and friendly volunteer who would look up codes for the movies in order to fill out the forms properly. We had a nice chat about the difference between the Toronto and Vancouver festivals, as well as some other things.

Another thing I noticed was the availability of the screenings. I got every ticket that I was looking for (24 of them, so I won't list them at this present moment), and had another friendly conversation with the person at the computer who was responsible for bringing up the order. I also got charged slightly less than what I did in Toronto for twice as many movies - apparently, the advertised prices already included tax, which pleased me quite a bit. I haven't yet seen the quality of the theatres, but I am so far impressed by this festival. It's smaller, but it's definitely more accessible than Toronto.

No comments: