Friday, October 12, 2007

Filmfest diary 2.05: I suppose this is goodbye

After 15 days and 23 films, it's time for me to say goodbye to the Vancouver International Film Festival. I really enjoyed this one. I think the fact that I don't have to commute for every day of the festival really enhanced my experience.

My favourite film of the festival would have to be the very first that I saw, on that first morning. It was Jaghunde, or Hounds in English. I just loved how elegantly understated it was, being fun to watch without being too pretentious until the poetically beautiful ending, which hits you suddenly. Nothing I've seen since has been able to top it. Bravo.

Here are my final three reviews:


VIFF overview

Screenings: 23
Films viewed: Far too many to count at this late hour
Stargate actors spotted: 1
Theme song/s: Stars - Reunion

No comments: