Sunday, August 13, 2006

Early morning ramblings

What is it about the twilight hours that makes somebody think up weird random thoughts? I think the better question at the moment is "why am I awake so early in the morning?" I guess I just woke up randomly and can't get back to sleep due to said weird random thoughts.

I'm still considering whether or not to go to Sydney today to record some stuff with Morgan and co. I mean, it would be nice to experience a recording and all, but I figured it'll take me about 2 and a half to 3 hours (or possibly more) to actually get to the place from Wollongong. That means a total of about 6 hours on public transport for barely 4 hours in the 'studio' (I say 'studio' because I don't actually know if it's a studio I'm supposed to be going to... but I assume it is in one way or another). I guess I'll have to discuss it with Morgan if/when he calls me later in the morning.

I've never really had anything against public transport before. I think being on the Sydney-Wollongong train for extended periods of time every couple of weeks for the past few months has started to get to me. It's not so much the fact that there are complete weirdos on the train. I'm used to that. I see weirdos all the time. No, it's the fact that, in the 1 and a half to 2 hours it takes to make the trip, the most exciting thing to happen is often to find yourself trying to memorise which station comes after which.

No comments: