Sunday, August 13, 2006

Randomness, part 2

I just realized that I didn't even cover the drunken shenanigans that occurred on Friday night, so since I'm still awake, I shall try to elaborate. Friday was Lauren's birthday, and so she decided to have a night out with friends. It wasn't until about 9:30 when I found out where the hell to even go, and so the drinking began soon after at the Glasshouse which, it must be said, is one of my most hated places in all of Wollongong these days. The beer taps there are pretty horrible, and the other drinks are expensive. Mind you, I only spent around $50 for the entire night, including the cab fare home, but I digress.

I guess I still had a few drinks there because I wanted to have a fun night. I randomly ran into a girl named Angela who remembered me from primary school. I didn't remember her... but then again, I only remember about a handful of people from primary school. My memory sucks, and the fact that I don't have class photos doesn't really help either. Kind of annoying really, I wouldn't mind meeting all my former classmates again. Anyway, after Ricky, Lauren's boyfriend, got kicked out for having sandals (the Glasshouse has really stupid rules for such a small-time place in the great scheme of things) we headed over to the Illawarra Hotel, leaving behind Tara who was seemingly out of contact. The Illawarra was pretty good. I guess I don't really put as much hate on the place since an acquaintance runs the place.

The drinks were much cheaper there and so I drank. I also played pool. Now, I only remember playing pool once, but Amanda assures me that I played quite a bit. The powers of alcohol at work, obviously. Amanda was one of the people that stayed sober that night, so I'll take her word for it. She also claims that I was doing a very strange dance with some lady on the dance floor. I also don't remember this. Apparently it was very amusing to watch, though that's not really that hard to believe. Seeing me dance is like a spectator sport. It's kind of like how people watch Funniest Home Videos to see people hurt themselves... you watch it because know it's going to turn out badly.

I eventually went home at around 2-ish or 3-ish. I split a taxi with Matt, who lives relatively nearby. I tried escaping the taxi without giving him my part of the fare, but he was very observant (that is, probably more sober than myself). After a short sleep, I woke up with a headache and some memory loss. The reason I got up was because work called to ask if I could take an early shift next Saturday. And so the cycle begins once again. I can't say I'll miss it when I finally leave.

Map your visited countries

I can't really think of very many things to do in the early hours of the morning, so I usually just read stuff. The usually fare are comics, Wikipedia, and other people's blogs. After going through Nabil's blog, I found the following handy little link for the keen world traveller.

Visited Countries

If you haven't already figured, it marks on a world map the countries that you have visited. Hopefully one day I'll have covered a good portion of it. For now, this is the extent of my adventures.


"Same thing we do every night, Pinky... try to take over the world!"

Canada is obviously next, though I've already got that on my map (I was there for about a week in 2002). After that, I'm thinking it'll be New Zealand and Japan.

No comments: