Monday, August 14, 2006

Late on the bandwagon

Radiohead are great. Ok, maybe I'm about 15 years late to the party. So sue me. I had heard some of their stuff before but have never owned any of their albums. It was only recently when I got a hold of OK Computer and was completely blown away. I haven't been able to stop listening to it since. Now I'm eager to get their other five albums. And The Eraser. And their next album expected in 2007.

Radiohead bandwagon... check.

I only started reading comics again lately so you can't blame me as much for this one. There's a great mountain of titles that I still need to catch up on as well as some ongoing series of considerable interest. In particular, I've been hooked on Marvel's Civil War event and Y: The Last Man. Ultra was a great mini-series by the Luna Brothers, as were all of Frank Miller's Sin City stories.

However, what has impressed me the most so far has been the works of Brian Michael Bendis. I read through his Alias and Secret War series, and they were just pure gold. Both series showed that the Marvel Universe can be very gritty indeed, and I think Marvel was very smart to get him on board. I also read through other Marvel-related things that he masterminded, namely The Pulse, Avengers: Disassembled, and House of M. Although I had only heard of him in passing in the past, now that I'm back into comics I can safely say that I am now a Bendis fan.

Bendis bandwagon... check.

It must also be noted that I used Wikipedia for 100% of the links on this post.

Wikipedia bandwagon... check.

No comments: