Friday, September 28, 2007

Filmfest diary 2.02: Let's do this again...

VIFF officially started today, and the understated continued with the first film having very few audience member (the theatre was less than half full). It was really nice to see everybody having a conversation before the film started, and it was great to see that the theme of comical advertisements from the sponsors prior to the movie was once again present. The second movie had a few more people in attendance but it still was not a packed house, leading me to believe that daytime matinée screenings are similar to the Toronto daytime screenings - not often sold out. The theatre complex itself is okay, but it doesn't meet my standards in terms of seat arrangement. I managed to find some seats that gave me a good view of the screen, but I can see full screenings being a hassle.

Here are links to the reviews of the two films that I watched today:


The first is an early favourite of mine for the festival, and I suspect that it will be hard to topple.

You may have noticed that my reviews have been getting shorter and shorter. I would attribute this to my tiredness. The long journey and the immense amount of movies that I have been seeing has really drained me. This is not to say that I am sick of it, but I am simply just tired.

No comments: