Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Filmfest diary 2.03: Now those are comfy seats

Today, I had my first screening at the Vancity Theatre, and I was hugely impressed. It was like they intentionally sacrificed capacity for comfort and convenience, resulting in a strong feeling of class. The seats are incredibly comfortable, and raised quite high so that each tier of seats does not obstruct the view of any audience members. The screen itself is covered by a very nice looking red curtain, which raises to reveal a nice bordered screen, which is the perfect size for the theatre.

In stark contrast, I also had a screening at the Pacific Cinematheque earlier in the day. In my previous filmfest diary entry that I didn't like my experience at the Empire theatres (being the main theatre for the festival). The Pacific Cinematheque makes that seem great. I can probably find one or two spots that would give me unobstructed views at the Empire theatres should a screening be sold out. This is not the case at Pacific. The seats are somewhat staggered laterally, but not so much in terms of level, so the only way I can see myself getting a good view on a full screening would be to sit at the very front, which is always an annoying experience. Alas, I cannot do anything to change this, so I will cease my rant.

Here are the films that I have seen since my last update:

No comments: